Making a Difference in Your Life
The K-State Research & Extension - Shawnee County office will open to the public Monday, June 1. Here are a few things to note that will help you get the support you need as you seek services from our staff.
- We are limiting 4 patrons in our office at a time. Guests will enter the office then move closer to the front desk on numbered floor locations. It is our best attempt to guide our guests to maintain as much distance as possible. If you come to the office and see that 4 patrons are in the lobby, please wait outside or in your car.
- All patrons doing business in the Extension Office will be asked to wear a face mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. Leave it in the hamper as you leave so it can be sanitized and reused.
- Only plan to visit the office for your needs, such as dropping off a soil test. Many questions can be handled by phone or email. I encourage you to call us first to see if we can serve you without a face-to-face visit. If you don't know which agent can answer your questions, call the main line at 232-0062 ext. 0 and the office professionals will assist you.
- Not all agents will be in the office each day. If you are needing to visit with a particular agent, you may want to email the agent and schedule an appointment. Emails are listed on the staff page at https://www.shawnee.k-state.edu/about/staff.
- There are plexiglass barriers to protect our staff and patrons when we need to speak face-to-face. Masks will be worn by both parties, even behind the barriers. We do have a staff member who is unable to wear a mask and our office professionals answering phones may not be masked, so our patrons wearing masks and the barriers are especially important for those people.
Learning never ends. We look forward to assisting with your educational needs. Thank you for following these guidelines as we do our best to keep guests and staff members safe during the COVID pandemic.
Candis Meerpohl, Director
K-State Research and Extension - Shawnee County
1740 SW Western Avenue
Topeka, Kansas 66604
785.232.0062, ext. 110