Baby's First Food--Breastfeeding Resources
The cleanest, safest food for an infant, especially in disasters or emergencies, is breast milk.
- It is the best nutrition for your baby.
- It is readily available.
- It is protects against diseases, especially diarrhea and respiratory infections.
- It is the right temperature.
- It helps you relieve stress and anxiety.
Breastfeeding and COVID-19
Breastfeeding Resources and Support
- Breast Beginnings for Best Beginnings, Kathy Hortenstine, RN, IBCLC, private in-home lactation support, email@example.com
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP): 785-232-0062, x119 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Leche League of Topeka: 785-256-0260, LLLTopeka@gmail.com, lltopeka.org Call or visit the website for updates on discussion or play groups
- Shawnee County Health Department--Women, Infants and Children Program, 2600 SW East Circle Drive, Topeka, KS 66606, 785-251-5607
- Stormont Vail Health--The Breastfeeding Center: 1500 SW 10th Ave, Topeka, KS 66604, 785-354-6000
- Topeka Doula Project, topekadoula.org, (785) 380-7899
- University of Kansas Health System--St. Francis Campus: First Days Clinic, 1700 SW 7th Ave, Topeka, KS 66606, 785-270-5072
Kaw Area Breastfeeding Coalition (KABC):
To promote, protect, and support breastfeeding in Topeka and surrounding areas. To serve as a resource for accurate breastfeeding information to the community.
Interested in becoming a member? Email email@example.com.