Health, Home and Safety
Walk Kansas 2019 - March 17 to May 11
An 8-Week Healthy Lifestyle Challenge!
Gather your team of five or six people, complete the registration material below and turn in to the Shawnee County K-State Research and Extension Office. (Make sure to include the $8 registration fee per participant over the age of 17)
Early Bird Registration Deadline is 5:00 pm March 5! All individuals and teams registered by this deadline will be eligible for special prizes. Final registration deadline is March 22.
When donating to food pantries, make sure the food is safe and nutritious. Here are several resources to help you.
- Donating Safe and Nutritious Food to Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens (pdf)- Kansas State University
- Keep it Fresh & Healthy: Safe Produce for Food Pantries (pdf)- Michigan State University
- Food Pantries and Food Banks (website)- North Carolina State University
- Food Safety for Food Pantry Donations (website)- University of Maine
- Indiana's Emergency Food Resource Network (website)
- Growing Together: Food Safety in Donation Gardens (link for pdf download)
- Top 13 Vegetables to Donate to Food Pantries (link for pdf download)